Friday 3 June 2011

Magazines and a digital pic.....

This time I have a really good excuse for why it's been so long since my last post! I spent the first few weeks of May looking for somewhere to live, then packing and then the pain of actually moving. Last time was easier because all my work was on paper and in sketchbooks. This time round I had to drag about piles of canvases and wooden boards! Enough excuses, at the start of this week i finally managed to unpack all my my art stuff and start working again.

First up is the premier edition of the Story Magazine! Put together by Sophie Allen and Richard Doran this is an awesome new mag that's full of art, music and culture...stuff! And I'm in it!! I got two full page illustrations and also a small editorial portrait. Check out the full online version at their website here.




Next up is an illustration I did over the last few days. Hadn't done any digital stuff in a while so I thought I'd knock something out.

The pic on the left is my rough sketch and the right is the final drawn version (done on bristol board with copic multiliners)

Then i vectorised and coloured it with Adobe Illustrator.

And finally i moved it into Photoshop to tweak the colours and add various textures.
Didn't come out too badly!

Hopefully another update soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment